ΥΠ02 - Programming I
School: Digital Technology
Department: Informatics and Telematics
Course Title: Programming I
Course id: ΥΠ02
Type: Core Course
Teaching and Examination Language: Greek
Is the course offered in Erasmus: Yes
Course web-page: https://eclass.hua.gr/courses/DIT135/
Lectures (Theory): 2,5
Lab lectures: 1,5
ECTS credits: 7,0
In this course students will learn basic skills and concepts of computer programming using a structured programming language. The programming language that will be used during the course is C.
In this course, they will learn how to:
- Analyze and explain the behavior of programs involving the fundamental program constructs.
- Write short programs that use the fundamental program constructs including standard conditional and iterative control structures.
- Write good documentation so your code can be reused.
- Use a real-world programming environment and a debugger.
- Independent work
- Promoting free, creative and deductive thought
- Introduction to Compilers. Phases of a Compiler
- Binary System, Memory Architecture
- Variables & Data Types
- Arithmetic, Operators
- Relational Operations, Control Flow, If-Then-Else
- Iterations, Switch
- Pseudo-random numbers
- Introduction to Pointers
Learning and Teaching Methods - Evaluation
Teaching methods: face-to-face
Use of ICT:
e-class, course web page, programming tools, IDEs, Unix environment
Written Examination (100%) including
- Solving problems using the C programming language
- Deitel & Deitel: C Programming. Prentice Hall
- B. Kernighan & D. Ritchie: C Programming Language.Prentice Hall Software Series.