ΥΠ14 - Telecommunication Systems
School: Digital Technology
Department: Informatics and Telematics
Course Title: Telecommunication Systems
Course id: ΥΠ14
Type: Core Course
Teaching and Examination Language: Greek
Is the course offered in Erasmus: Yes
Course web-page: https://eclass.hua.gr/courses/DIT149/
Lectures (Theory): 3,0
Lab lectures: 0,0
ECTS credits: 5,0
The aim of the course is to understand the basic principles of modern communication systems both wired and wireless. The main learning outcomes of the course are the following:
• Basic concepts of telecommunication systems.
• Basic forms of configuration and transmission of information.
• Information theory and information entropy.
• Calculation of telecommunication systems performance
• Broadcast and Receive Spectrum.
Work in Teams
Promoting free, creative and deductive thought
1. Fourier transforms
2. Random Signals
3. Information Theory I.
4. Information Theory II
5. Sampling theorem
6. Amplitude modulation
7. Phase and quadrature amplitude modulation
8. Intersymbol interference
9. Linear block codes I
10. Linear block codes II
11. Cyclic codes I.
12. Cyclic Codes II
Learning and Teaching Methods - Evaluation
Teaching methods: face-to-face
Use of ICT:
eclass, youtube channel
Written final exam (100%) that includes:
1. S. Haykin and M. Moher, Communication Systems 5th Edition, Wiley, 2009
2. J. Proakis and M. Salehi, Fundamentals of Communication Systems 2nd Edition, Pearson, 2013
ΙΕΕΕ Transactions on Communications